DS3.12 is a high-output, heavy duty circuit compound. It has been developed in testing in top-level GT racing and is suitable for larger and heavier non-formula cars on the track. It is superior to other Ferodo compounds both in friction coefficient and maintenance of its performance at very high temperatures. It has a predictable and constant friction output throughout its operating range, regardless of brake pressure. Its torque profile in the early stages of the brake event means it manages the introduction of ABS in a smooth manner.
The main characteristics of DS3.12 are:
• Highest friction coefficient and bite in the Ferodo Racing range
• Reproducible and stable performance up to 850°C under all pressure and speed conditions
• Excellent management of ABS during the brake event
• Longest pad life of Ferodo Racing range under heavy duty track use
• Recommended for track use on larger vehicles with ABS
• Recommended for sprint and medium duration races
Dynamometer simulation of Touring Car front axle. All materials are included for comparison purposes, even if some would not be recommended for that application.